George Jones, the peerless, hard-living country singer who recorded dozens of hits about good times and regrets and peaked with the heartbreaking classic "He Stopped Loving Her Today," has died. He was 81. Jones died Friday, April 26, 2013 at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville after being hospitalized with fever and irregular blood pressure, according to his publicist Kirt Webster.
As featured on
When it comes to country music, George Jones was The Voice. Other great singers have come and gone, but this fact remained inviolate until Jones passed away Friday.
- From the Floridan archives: 1974
- County sets employee insurance options
- Sheriff wants to build out new dispatch space
- Spiny lobster seasons start soon
- Marianna falls short in tournament
- Jackson County police logs for July 20
- Graceville Wins State Championship
- New Gulf Coast amusement park opening in Alabama