• Welcome!
    Log Out|Manage Your Account
  • Manage Subscriptions
  • E-Edition
May 28, 2016
  • Welcome!
    Logout|My Dashboard

Neighbors rescue Dothan woman from house fire - Dothan Eagle: News

Neighbors rescue Dothan woman from house fire

Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Related Videos

Posted: Thursday, March 7, 2013 11:56 am

An elderly Dothan woman was taken to a local hospital to be treated for burns she suffered in a house fire on Arlington Drive Thursday morning.

Dothan Fire Battalion Chief Pete Webb said the fire appeared to have broken out around 10:45 a.m. at 800 Arlington Drive. Webb said a mattress in the home was on fire, as were other contents. Webb said an elderly resident of the home was taken to a local hospital for treatment.

Terry Glover and Lee McDonald, neighbors of the victim, helped get her out of the home.

McDonald said she had gone outside to Febreze her vehicle when she noticed smoke coming from her neighbor’s home. She and Glover then entered the home and retrieved the victim, known only to them as “Mrs. Pat,” from the residence.

“It was instinct, I didn’t even think about it,” McDonald said.

Glover said the residence had heavy smoke when they entered. Glover said the victim appeared disoriented when they led her from the home.

Webb said the fire remains under investigation.