A man who led police on a multi-hour stand-off over the Christmas holidays had his probation revoked Wednesday on felony assault and arson charges.
Assistant Houston County District Attorney Raynor Clifton said Circuit Court Judge Michael Conaway revoked the probation for 27-year-old Bobby Underwood on Wednesday morning.
Clifton said prosecutors asked the court to revoke Underwood’s probation on a felony arson and felony second-degree assault charge after he was recently arrested on two more new charges.
Clifton said Dothan police recently arrested Underwood on misdemeanor obstruction of government operations and third-degree domestic violence charges.
“He was revoked to the department of corrections,” Clifton said.
Clifton said Conaway ordered Underwood to complete a 15-week dual diagnosis program within the state Department of Corrections. Clifton said the court would reconsider probation for Underwood if he successfully completed the program.
Clifton said Underwood previously pleaded guilty to felony second-degree assault and felony arson in 2010. He received a 10-year prison sentence, which was suspended for five years of probation.
“He would have to serve out the remainder of the sentence if he does not successfully complete the program,” Clifton said.
Dothan police arrested Underwood after a more than three-hour standoff with police on Dec. 29, 2014.
According to an earlier Eagle report, the standoff began around 1:45 in the afternoon when police tried to serve Underwood with a warrant for misdemeanor domestic violence.
No one other than Underwood appeared to be in the residence. Police attempted to talk Underwood out of the residence. Meanwhile, SWAT personnel staged nearby and entered the residence just before 5 p.m. No one was hurt during the arrest, which happened on South College Street in Dothan.